Making your own DIY hygiene products has a number of perks. You can not only save money, but, more importantly, you can feel confident about exactly what ingredients are going onto your skin. This homemade shower gel incorporates only natural, safe ingredients like orange essential oil, shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil to nourish and moisturize your skin. Why wait to make the switch?
Homemade Shower Gel with Orange Essential Oil
Serves: About 10 ounces
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup warm water distilled water
- 12 drops orange essential oil
- Slowly melt the shea butter on low heat in a small pan on the stove.
- Add the jojoba, almond and coconut oils. Blend well using an immersion hand blender.
- Pour blended oils into a heat-safe bowl.
- Add the xanthan gum and allow it to sit for 1–2 minutes.
- Next, add the castile soap and blend.
- Add the glycerin and sweet orange essential oil. Blend well.
- The mixture should be creamy and thick. Pour it into a dispenser.
- Use within a few weeks.