Some nights you need a light dinner option — nothing too filling or “heavy” in your stomach. This quinoa stuffed peppers recipe gives you just that! Bone Broth Protein Pure and quinoa fill these quinoa stuffed bell peppers with protein, so you’ll still feel satiated after eating … and get a number of essential nutrients as well.
One thing I love about this recipe is just how versatile it is. If you’re craving a heartier meal the next day, you can reheat these and add turkey to make turkey quinoa stuffed peppers. However you choose to make your stuffed peppers with quinoa, you’re in for a flavor explosion and load of nutrients.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Bone Broth Protein™ Pure
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 scoops Bone Broth Protein™ Pure mixed with 48 ounces water
- 2 cups quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine bone broth and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle bell peppers with sea salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast cut side down until skin begins to char, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven to 375 F.
- While bell peppers roast, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, garlic and italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 10–12 minutes. Add reserved quinoa. Sprinkle with parsley and stir to combine
- Turn bell peppers cut side up and fill halves evenly with quinoa mixture. Drizzle with oil as desired. Heat in the oven until warmed through.