Are you in need of a refreshing drink to cool down with this summer? You’ve got to try this fruity, sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca.
Agua fresca, or “fresh water,” is a popular drink in Mexico and throughout Central America. They’re made by combining water with sugar and fruits to create a sweet and tasty beverage. My version includes the added benefits of Multi Collagen Protein and uses cooling benefit-rich watermelon and honey to keep it free from refined sugars. When mixed with sparkling water, the result is a fizzy beverage you’ll want to drink all summer long.
Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe with Multi Collagen Protein
Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into pieces
- ¼ tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup sparkling water
- 4 scoops of Multi Collagen Protein (full serving per glass)
- Blend watermelon, water, honey and lime juice in a blender.
- Stir in sparkling water just prior to serving.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves if desired.