- 25 billion shelf-stable CFUs per serving* (no refrigeration needed)
- Supports healthy energy and reduces fatigue†
- Helps reduce the effects of stress and promotes a positive mindset†
- Helps promote mental clarity and concentration†
- Reduces occasional constipation, gas and bloating†
- Featuring soil-based organisms (SBOs), prebiotics and postbiotics
- Adults take three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water
- We recommend taking the capsules on an empty stomach, either when you first wake up or right before bed
- Not intended for children
This women’s probiotic includes 25 billion soil-based probiotics plus prebiotics and postbiotics to create a “trifecta” effect. SBOs are often more resilient and resistant to harsh environments. Specifically designed for the female body, this unique formulation features a clinically studied Ayurvedic herbal blend that supports healthy energy, reduces fatigue and the effects of stress while promoting mental clarity, concentration, a positive mindset† and more.
This beneficial, tropical species of yeast ingredient in SBO Probiotics supports healthy gut transit time, along with healthy immune system and digestive function support.†
A soil-based, spore-forming probiotic that supports normal microflora in the gut, healthy gut function, normal digestion and a healthy immune system, in addition to promoting a healthy GI tract and a healthy inflammation response.† Bacillus subtilis generally has an extraordinary ability to survive harsh conditions, producing “end-products” allowing it to endure extreme conditions of heat, dryness, humidity and acidity in the environment.
Organic Chaste Tree Berry
This sacred ancient herb is generally viewed as a female-friendly fruit and is generally used for supporting female overall wellbeing.
Ashwagandha Root Extract
Ashwagandha root extract is generally known to support overall wellbeing. In addition, this ashwagandha brings support for women's energy levels, mental concentration and more.†
Full List of Ingredients
Organic Fermented Botanical Blend
Organic Amla Berry, Organic Chastetree Berry, Organic Dong Quai Root
SBO Women Probiotic Blend
Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus clausii, Bacillus subtilis
Organic Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract
Organic Mushroom Blend
Organic Purple Corn, Organic Turkey Tail Mycelium, Shiitake Mycelium, Organic Reishi Mycelium, Organic Maitake Mycelium
Other ingredients: Hypromellose, Organic apple cider vinegar
Servings Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving:||% Daily Value|
|Organic Fermented Botanical Blend||1g|
|SBO Women Probiotic Blend||650 mg (25 Billion CFU*)|
|Organic Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract||250mg|
|Organic Mushroom Blend||150mg|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Daily Value not established.
Organic Fermented Botanical Blend
Full of superfoods and fermented for absorption, this blend features organic botanicals traditionally used to support overall wellbeing like organic amla berry and organic chaste tree berry. These ancient superfoods have been used in Traditional Chinese Methods (TCM) for centuries.
Designed for Women
We took this formulation a step further by adding a blend of ingredients generally known to support women’s overall health. Specifically, these probiotics work to support healthy energy and fatigue levels in women, along with a healthy response to stress, a positive mindset and support for the digestive system, immune health, joints and much more.†
Many probiotic strains are fragile and require refrigeration to survive. Even when you take them, they may not all make it into your gut to colonize. SBOs are resistant to extremes in temperature as well as the harsh environment of the digestive tract. That's why these SBO Probiotics are made from strains that occur naturally in the soil, called soil-based organisms (SBOs). These strains are tough, and they survive without refrigeration.
Diverse Probiotic Strains
This probiotic blend features 4 diverse strains and 25 billion CFUs.* It includes an SBO beneficial yeast and 3 SBO Bacilli (beneficial bacteria) strains.
How to Use
Take 3 capsules per day with water or your favorite beverage. Can be taken with or without food. These are great first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or before bed. Because they don’t require refrigeration, try sleeping with them beside your bed for more convenience.
Make the most of SBO Probiotic Women’s by eating a gut-supporting diet featuring prebiotics and fermented foods such as kimchi, kombucha or sauerkraut while managing emotional stress and limiting exposure to environmental toxins that disrupt the gut microflora.
Pairs Well With
If you’re looking for additional support for women, try Ancient Multi - Women’s Once Daily. This once-daily capsule includes 20 vitamins and minerals, organic chaste tree berry, organic astragalus and more to support a thyroid and fertility healthy while supporting healthy sleep and energy levels.†
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axe Answers
Ancient Nutrition co-founder, chiropractor, clinical nutritionist and certified doctor of natural medicine is here to answer your questions!
What does Bacillus subtilis do?
Bacillus subtilis can manage the harsh stomach acid environment, allowing it to get to the digestive system and colonize its beneficial bacteria. Bacillus subtilis is truly a hardy, tough probiotic that is resilient and highly adaptable.
Do I need to refrigerate these probiotics?
No, you do not need to refrigerate these because the strains are shelf-stable. Our shelf-stable probiotics arrive active and can survive at room temperature without refrigeration.
Why should I give my gut extra support?
Fact: Most Americans don’t consume enough probiotics in their diet due to modern processed foods, soil depletion and more. I believe most people are in need of probiotic support.
Here’s why: Thanks to prescription antibiotics, high carbohydrate diets, fluoridated tap water and high levels of stress, the good bacteria in our guts are often diminished, and our bodies can't replace them at the rate required for optimal health.
Many of probiotics’ health benefits are gut- and digestion-related, so here are a few key reasons why gut health, in general, is so important to overall health:
- Up to 80% of the immune system is housed in the gut.
- Between 80% to 90% percent of the body’s serotonin, often referred to as a “feel good” or “happy chemical” which acts as a neurotransmitter, is found in the gut. Serotonin is thought to have many effects on the body, including the areas of digestion, sleep, memory, behavior and more.
- Every bodily cell, tissue and organ depend on proper nutrient absorption and assimilation of food through healthy digestion, and, generally speaking, probiotics can play a supporting role in that.
What is the right amount of CFUs to be getting every day?
It varies. For most people, I recommend a CFU count anywhere between 25 to 100 billion. This probiotic formula features 25 billion CFU* per serving. *at time of manufacture
What should I look for in a gut supplement?
There are four specific things to consider when selecting a probiotic supplement:
1. SBOs and Shelf-Stable: Make sure your probiotic supplement includes soil-based probiotics (SBOs) and is shelf-stable, meaning it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. While it might seem odd to "eat dirt," SBOs are truly probiotic superstars. They’re some of the same strains your ancestors took in while foraging and eating fruits and veggies straight out of the garden.
2. Strain Diversity: Look for a probiotic supplement with strain diversity, not just one type.
3. Survivability: Look for strains such as Bacillus coagulans, Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus clausii and other similar hardy cultures.
4. Probiotics, prebiotics and postbiotics: To support the growth of probiotics once they get into your system, I believe it's important to choose a formula that incorporates prebiotics and postbiotics, too. Prebiotics act as fertilizer for probiotics. Postbiotics are the metabolites (enzymes and organic acids)) created by probiotics. By implementing all three, these probiotics can deliver a trifecta effect.
What other key ingredients set this probiotic apart from others?
In addition to the organic fermented botanical blend, this formula includes a blend of ingredients generally known to support general wellbeing like zinc, selenium, organic ashwagandha and a unique blend of mushrooms.
What is the complete list of organic botanicals in this product?
One of the premium features of SBO Probiotic is its botanical blend that includes:
- Organic chaste tree berry
- Organic amla berry
How is this product different from the probiotics in your Ancient Probiotics line?
The main difference is that this SBO Probiotic features primarily soil-based, spore-forming organisms, and Ancient Probiotics features mostly non-spore forming cultures. In addition, this SBO line contains probiotics, prebiotics and postbiotics to create a “trifecta” effect.
The strains in SBO populate differently in your gut than the live cultures in Ancient Probiotics, so they’re great to take together for more strain diversity.
Ancient Probiotics varieties feature anywhere between 25 billion and 100 billion CFU* per serving, and SBO Probiotic - Women’s features 25 billion CFU* per serving.
Soil-based organisms are generally more survivable than live cultures, which is why there are 16 to 17 strains of probiotics in Ancient Probiotics and three select bacterial strains in SBO Probiotics, plus one beneficial yeast. *at time of manufacture
Is this dairy-free?
These probiotics are made without dairy — we removed the Lactobacilli strains found in our classic SBO Probiotic formulation.
Generally, what makes soil-based probiotics different from other types of bacteria and yeasts?
Soil-based organisms are often stronger than other forms of bacteria since they don’t require refrigeration (meaning they’re “shelf-stable”) or any special handling. They can generally survive the journey through the stomach to the intestines.
Soil-based organisms are typically able to “seed” the digestive tract with beneficial bacteria which can grow and flourish to support health, including supporting healthy digestion and a healthy immune system.†