- Broad-spectrum Digestive Enzyme blend
- Supports digestive health, gut function, and a normal microflora in the gut†
- Featuring a fermented organic botanical blend formulated with a Keto diet in mind
- Helps support the digestion of fats, proteins, carbohydrates and fiber†
- Added shelf-stable probiotics (no need to refrigerate!)
- Adults take six capsules daily with 8 ounces of water
- Take with a fat-filled meal to support gut function and digestion†
- Not intended for children
Keto DIGEST™ CAPS—Digestive Enzyme Blend
KetoDIGEST is a powerful digestive enzyme blend featuring a broad spectrum of enzymes that support the digestion of fats, proteins, carbohydrates and fiber.†
Keto DIGEST is specially designed for those on a high-fat, moderate protein, low-carb diet.
Keto DIGEST features the plant- and soil-based organisms Saccharomyces boulardii and Bacillus subtilis plus organic fermented herbs designed to support healthy digestion and absorption of protein and fat.†
Benefits of Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzymes assist in the chemical breakdown of food into smaller, absorbable components. For example, enzymes called amylases break down starches into sugar molecules; proteases break down proteins into amino acids; and lipases break down fat into its component parts.
Two key reasons to take digestive enzymes are that they support:
- Digestive health and normal elimination†
- Nutrient absorption and digestion†
For those following a ketogenic diet higher in fats and moderate in proteins but low in carbs, it’s important to have the corresponding ratio of fat-digesting, protein-digesting and carb-digesting enzymes to support the benefits of the keto diet.
That’s why Keto DIGEST is heavier on fat-digesting and protein-digesting enzymes, including a Lipase Enzyme Blend and the Protease Enzyme Complex, followed by an overall Digestive Enzyme Blend.
Lipase Enzyme Blend: Lipase is an enzyme necessary for the digestion of fatty (lipid) substances found either in the diet or as part of normal human metabolism. Lipase helps break down fats into smaller components that can be readily absorbed.
Protease Enzyme Blend: Protease is an enzyme necessary for the digestion of protein. Protease helps break down proteins into smaller components that can be readily absorbed.
Digestive Enzyme Blend: Representing a variety of digestive enzymes, the Digestive Enzyme Blend helps support healthy digestion, protein absorption, helping to break down fiber and supporting comfortable digestion of carbs—and remaining active within a wide range of pH levels.†
As important as enzymes are, it takes more than enzymes to support digestive health.†
That’s where probiotics come in. The best probiotics support a healthy microbial balance while supporting digestive health, nutrient absorption and more.†
The Power of Probiotics: Saccharomyces boulardii and Bacillus subtilis
Keto DIGEST features shelf-stable probiotics to support overall digestive health: Saccharomyces boulardii and Bacillus subtilis. †
Bacillus subtilis is often referred to as an SBO (soil-based organism). But what are SBOs? SBOs, while they weren’t identified during our ancestors’ time, are now known as bacteria living in the soil which give nutrients and health support to plants and to humans.†
Also known as “spore-forming bacteria,” SBOs are able to “seed” the digestive tract with beneficial bacteria.†
Saccharomyces boulardii is actually a beneficial yeast which functions as a probiotic, helping to support a healthy digestive system, a healthy immune system, and more.†
Bacillus subtilis is nearly unstoppable, due to its array of survival tactics. With an ability to survive harsh conditions, it produces an endospore allowing it to endure extreme conditions of heat, dryness, humidity and acidity in the environment. It, too, promotes the growth of other “good guy” bacteria (probiotics) such as Lactobacilli. Like other SBOs, Bacillus subtilis can manage the harsh stomach acid environment, allowing it to get to the digestive system and to colonize it with its spore-forming beneficial bacteria.
These plant-based probiotics/soil-based organisms:
- promote regular bowel function and help maintain an already healthy immune system—both of which are beneficial to overall health.†
- help support the normal gastrointestinal balance of good and potentially harmful bacteria to help maintain a balanced, healthy internal environment.†
- maximize the benefits of a healthy diet by supporting normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the gut.†
- can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are generally undeterred by stomach and bile acids.†
- can help boost certain vitamins and short-chain fatty acids.†
Keto DIGEST also features a Fermented Organic Botanical Blend containing apple cider vinegar, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, long pepper, reishi mushroom and cayenne pepper.
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is made up of pulverized apples allowed to ferment, producing a tangy, healthy apple cider vinegar. ACV’s main component is acetic acid.
Likewise, ginger, black pepper and long pepper have been consumed for thousands of year in traditional Ayurveda.
Organic Ginger is an herb which includes volatile oils such as zingerone, shogaols and gingerols.
Organic Black Pepper comes from the fruit of the black pepper plant from the Piperaceae family, and the piperine found in black pepper is what causes its spiciness.
Organic Long Pepper comes from the same family as black pepper.
You’ve heard you are what you eat, but I believe you really are what you digest!
So, make sure you have Keto DIGEST—specially formulated for those on a high-fat, moderate protein, low-carb diet.
- Supports healthy digestion†
- Promotes healthy nutrient absorption†
- Supports gut-related immune health†
- Features enzymes and probiotics to support overall digestive health†