- 25 billion shelf-stable CFUs per serving* (no refrigeration needed)
- Boosts muscle mass and strength†
- Supports healthy digestive function†
- Supports male reproductive function†
- Reduces occasional constipation, gas and bloating†
- Featuring soil-based organisms (SBOs), prebiotics and postbiotics to create a “trifecta” effect
- Adults take three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water
- We recommend taking the capsules on an empty stomach, either when you first wake up or right before bed
- Not intended for children
This men’s probiotic includes 25 billion soil-based probiotics, prebiotics and postbiotics to provide a “trifecta” effect. These soil-based probiotics are more resilient and resistant to harsh environments. Specifically designed for men, this unique formulation features a clinically studied Ayurvedic herbal blend that works to boost muscle mass, strength, serum testosterone levels and recovery while also supporting digestive and immune system health.†
This beneficial, tropical species of yeast ingredient in SBO Probiotics supports healthy gut transit time, along with healthy immune system and digestive function support.†
A soil-based, spore-forming probiotic that supports normal microflora in the gut, healthy gut function, normal digestion and a healthy immune system, in addition to promoting a healthy GI tract and a healthy inflammation response.† Bacillus subtilis generally has an extraordinary ability to survive harsh conditions, producing “end-products” allowing it to endure extreme conditions of heat, dryness, humidity and acidity in the environment.
This shelf-stable strain supports healthy bowel transit time, digestive function, oral health and healthy gut flora.†
Clinically Studied Organic Ashwagandha Root Extract
Ashwagandha root extract provides specific benefits for men including support for healthy male reproductive function, muscle recovery, athletic performance and a positive mental outlook.†
Full List of Ingredients
SBO Men Probiotic Blend
Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus clausii, Bacillus subtilis
Organic Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract
Organic Fermented Botanical Blend
Organic Ginger Root, Organic Fenugreek Seed, Organic Fo-Ti Root
Organic Muchroom Blend
Organic Purple Corn, Organic Turkey Tail Mycelium, Shiitake Mycelium, Organic Reishi Mycelium, Organic Maitake Mycelium
Other ingredients: Hypromellose, Organic apple cider vinegar
Servings Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving:||% Daily Value|
|Zinc (from zinc amino acid chelate)||15mg||136%|
|Selenium (from Saccharomyces cerevisiae)||100mcg||182%|
|SBO Men Probiotic Blend||670mg (25 Billion CFU*)|
|Organic Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract||600mg|
|Organic Fermented Botanical Blend||597mg|
|Organic Mushroom Blend||150mg|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Daily Value not established.
Designed for Men
We took this formulation a step further by adding a blend of ingredients generally known to support men's overall health. Specifically, these probiotics work to support men's reproductive function, testosterone levels, athletic performance, a healthy digestive system, immune system health† and more.
Many probiotic strains are fragile and require refrigeration to survive. Even when you take them, they may not all make it into your gut to colonize. SBOs are resistant to extremes in temperature as well as the harsh environment of the digestive tract. These strains are tough and survive without refrigeration.
SBO Probiotics offer a “trifecta” approach in its formulation for prebiotic, probiotic and postbiotic support—setting thestage for, with and following the SBO Probiotics. Probiotics are the “good guy” bacteria in our bodies. Prebiotics, however, act as “fertilizer” for probiotics and are typically non-digestible fiber compounds that help probiotics thrive. This formula combines specially selected ingredients chosen by our formulators Jordan Rubin and Dr. Axe like an organic mushroom blend and an organic fermented botanical blend. The Organic Mushroom Blend has properties that can help foster prebiotics while the organic fermented botanical blend has prebiotic superfoods to help set the stage for the soil-based organisms.
Diverse Probiotic Strains
This probiotic blend features 4 diverse strains and 25 billion CFUs.* It includes an SBO beneficial yeast and 3 SBO Bacilli (beneficial bacteria) strains.
How to Use
We recommend taking SBO Probiotic on an empty stomach, either first thing in the morning or right before bed, at the same time each day, with a large glass of water.
Make the most of SBO Probiotic Men’s by eating a diet that features prebiotics and fermented foods such as kimchi, kombucha or sauerkraut while managing emotional stress and limiting exposure to environmental toxins that disrupt the gut microflora.
Pairs Well With
If you’re looking for additional support for men, try Ancient Multi - Men. This once-daily capsule includes 20 vitamins and minerals, organic fenugreek seed, organic cordyceps mushroom extract and bovine liver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axe Answers
Ancient Nutrition co-founder, chiropractor, clinical nutritionist and certified doctor of natural medicine is here to answer your questions!
What does Bacillus subtilis do?
In general, Bacillus subtilis can manage the harsh stomach acid environment, allowing it to get to the digestive system and colonize its beneficial bacteria. Bacillus subtilis is truly a hardy, tough probiotic that is resilient and highly adaptable.
Do I need to refrigerate these probiotics?
No, you do not need to refrigerate these because the strains are shelf-stable. Our shelf-stable probiotics arrive active and can survive at room temperature without refrigeration.
Why should I give my gut extra support?
Fact: Most Americans don’t consume enough probiotics in their diet due to modern processed foods, soil depletion and more. I believe most people are in need of probiotic support.
Here’s why: Thanks to prescription antibiotics, high carbohydrate diets, fluoridated tap water and high levels of stress, the good bacteria in our guts are often diminished, and our bodies can't replace them at the rate required for optimal health.
Many of probiotics’ health benefits are gut- and digestion-related, so here are a few key reasons why gut health, in general, is so important to overall health:
- Up to 80% of the immune system is housed in the gut.
- Between 80% to 90% percent of the body’s serotonin, often referred to as a “feel good” or “happy chemical” which acts as a neurotransmitter, is found in the gut. Serotonin is thought to have many effects on the body, including the areas of digestion, sleep, memory, behavior and more.
- Every bodily cell, tissue and organ depend on proper nutrient absorption and assimilation of food through healthy digestion, and, generally speaking, probiotics can play a supporting role in that.
What is the right amount of CFUs to be getting every day?
It varies. For most people, I recommend a CFU count anywhere between 25 to 100 billion. This probiotic formula features 25 billion CFU* per serving. *at time of manufacture
What should I look for in a gut supplement?
There are four specific things to consider when selecting a probiotic supplement:
1. SBOs and Shelf-Stable: Make sure your probiotic supplement includes soil-based probiotics (SBOs) and is shelf-stable, meaning it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. While it might seem odd to "eat dirt," SBOs are truly probiotic superstars. They’re some of the same strains your ancestors took in while foraging and eating fruits and veggies straight out of the garden.
2. Strain Diversity: Look for a probiotic supplement with strain diversity, not just one type.
3. Survivability: Look for strains such as Bacillus coagulans, Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus clausii and other similar hardy cultures.
4. Probiotics, prebiotics and postbiotics: To support the growth of probiotics once they get into your system, I believe it's important to choose a formula that incorporates prebiotics and postbiotics, too. Prebiotics act as fertilizer for probiotics. Postbiotics are the metabolites (enzymes and organic acids)) created by probiotics. By implementing all three, these probiotics can deliver a trifecta effect.
What other key ingredients set this probiotic apart from others?
In addition to the organic fermented botanical blend, this formula includes a blend of ingredients generally known to support general wellbeing like zinc, selenium, organic ashwagandha and a unique blend of mushrooms.
What is the complete list of organic botanicals in this product?
One of the premium features of SBO Probiotic is its botanical blend that includes:
- Organic ginger (root)
- Organic fenugreek seed
- Organic fo-ti root “he shou wu”
How is this product different from the probiotics in your Ancient Probiotics line?
The main difference is that this SBO Probiotics formula features primarily soil-based, spore-forming organisms, and Ancient Probiotics features mostly non-spore forming cultures.
The strains in SBO populate differently in your gut than the live cultures in Ancient Probiotics, so they are great to take together for more strain diversity.
SBO Probiotics feature a fermented botanical blend of prebiotics, while Ancient Probiotics do not. Ancient Probiotics feature Ayurvedic herbs; SBO Probiotics does not feature these.
Ancient Probiotics varieties feature anywhere between 25 billion and 100 billion CFU* per serving, and SBO Probiotic- Men’s features 25 billion CFU* per serving.
Soil-based organisms are generally more survivable than live cultures, which is why there are 16-17 strains of probiotics in Ancient Probiotics and four strains in SBO Probiotics. *at time of manufacture
Is this dairy-free?
These probiotics are made without dairy — we removed the Lactobacilli strains found in our classic SBO Probiotic formulation.
Generally, what makes soil-based probiotics different from other types of bacteria and yeasts?
Soil-based organisms are often stronger than other forms of bacteria since they don’t require refrigeration (meaning they’re “shelf-stable”) or any special handling. They can generally survive the journey through the stomach to the intestines.
Soil-based organisms are typically able to “seed” the digestive tract with beneficial bacteria which can grow and flourish to support health, including supporting healthy digestion and a healthy immune system.†