Yes. Our taste testers describe these reformulated, dairy-free bars as “rich” and “decadent.” These are words you may only expect to hear describing candy bars loaded with carbs and hidden sugar. But Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Bars integrate satiating, quality fats like coconut oil with filling fiber, organic nut butter, bone broth protein and natural sweeteners to create a mouthwatering bar that will keep you feeling balanced.
Elite Best Seller Bundle + Bonus BBP Bars
Finally, the easiest way to buy your two favorite products together and get 10% off the list price plus two bonus Bone Broth Protein Bars!
We bundled our award-winning, #1 bestselling collagen with our extremely popular SBO Probiotic so you can support your skin, joints and gut in the most convenient way possible.
Why collagen could be the most transformational substance in the world
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are collagen. It literally holds you together: from the hairs on your head, to every inch of your skin, to your joint comfort and mobility. It even impacts the overall health of your gut, including gut integrity..
There’s a reason that collagen supplementation, in addition to an overall healthy diet and lifestyle, is being dubbed as the new essential in the wellness and beauty community. Many people’s collagen is breaking down at an accelerated rate… and it’s not being replaced in the standard modern diet.
Is collagen what’s missing in your diet more than Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Omega-3s and Probiotics? Did you even know you probably need to replenish it regularly?
Once you hit 25 Years of Age, Your Body Could Start Losing Collagen
As we age, our bodies’ natural production of collagen slows dramatically. Over 25? Your body is probably not replenishing collagen as quickly as you are losing it, since replenishment slows with age.
As your body slows its collagen production, you’ll typically end up with skin that “looks older” with less skin elasticity, vibrancy and hydration, creaky joints, or even gut disturbances. It could even mean thinner hair and brittle nails.
And none of us are exempt from this natural aging process.
Collagen is going to diminish with age. Period.
The typical woman can expect to lose about 1 to 2 percent of her body’s collagen every year starting in her mid-30s, and this rate generally only increases as she makes her way through her 40s, 50s and beyond.
There’s evidence that collagen production in sun-protected and well-maintained skin of older adults (over the age of 80) is up to 75 percent less than the production in the skin of young adults (under the age of 30).
Yes! You read that right. There’s up to 75% less collagen in elderly adults as compared to those in young adulthood. That’s a staggering number.
Have you ever met someone who was in their 20s, but you could have sworn she was 45? Or seen that rare 70-year old woman with the skin of someone in her 30s? It’s true, something like perceived age is partially due to genetics. But it’s not totally up to fate. It’s also up to a person’s diet, lifestyle and collagen stores.
And age is not the only thing that can slow down production and deplete collagen from your body. If you’re worried about the breakdown of your own collagen, take a look at the list below of 10 lifestyle factors that are considered “collagen killers”.
10 Surprising Collagen Killers
- Poor sleep
- Too much sugar in the diet
- Injuries and joint degeneration
- High cortisol from emotional stress
- Sun overexposure
- Diet low in antioxidants
- Sitting all day and lack of activity
- Bad gut health
- Nutrient shortfalls of vitamin C and zinc
- Free radicals
You can fight back against collagen loss through a few combined approaches:
- Limit your exposure to damaging UV rays and other environmental toxins
- Consume collagen-boosting foods
- Support and promote the skin’s health by supplementing with collagen
It would be nice if you could get all the collagen you need from food. But frankly, even the healthiest diets are quite low in collagen, because only a small number of foods have a significant amount of it.
If you’re looking to make dietary changes that can help your body boost its own collagen production, consider the 5 below.
The Top 5 Collagen Boosters
Chicken Bone Broth (preferably simmered for 48 hours with bones, along with tendons and ligaments for the most collagen)
- Chicken Bone Broth (preferably simmered for 48 hours with bones, along with tendons and ligaments for the most collagen)
- Adaptogenic herbs including Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Ginseng and Fo-Ti
- Vitamin C-rich foods including kiwi, citrus, camu camu, broccoli, bell peppers and kale.
- Sulfur-rich foods including garlic, onions, egg yolks and cruciferous vegetables
Antioxidant-rich herbs, spices and foods including turmeric, rosemary, green tea, acai and goji berries.
All of the above are great collagen boosters, but none of them compare to the greatest collagen booster in the world, which is collagen itself that comes from sources including chicken broth, beef broth, wild fish broth and eggshell membranes.
That’s why I believe that supplementing with a multi collagen protein is a must when it comes to healthy, smooth skin and overall body health.
Finally, an Easy Way to Boost Your Collagen
My wife Chelsea and I used to drive over an hour to pick up ingredients to make our bone broth weekly to get the collagen boost our bodies craved. But after all the time and effort of making it, we would run out after just a few days. I knew I needed to get collagen EVERY DAY, not just days when I was lucky enough to have time to simmer bone broth.
My clients who were looking to boost their health also knew they needed to get collagen every day, but were running into the time- and labor-intensive obstacle of simmering bone broth every day.
That’s why I came up with the solution of making a multi-source collagen in the most simple form possible: a tasteless, dissolvable powder. Now I take it daily, as do thousands of others who have discovered the power of incorporating it into their lives.
Not All Collagen Products are Created Equal
Choosing the right collagen supplement for you doesn’t need to be complicated. Multi Collagen Protein stands in a league of its own.
What sets Multi Collagen Protein apart:
- 5 types of collagen instead of 1 or 2. Unlike many supplements, our collagen features 5 different types of collagen to support different body parts and functions through the collagen receptors found in your body. You’ll find types I, II, III, V and X in our proprietary Multi Collagen Protein blend.
- All Collagen. No Filler.
- Pure taste. This nearly tasteless, dissolvable powder can be added to virtually anything.
- Scrupulous sourcing. The 4 food sources in our collagen are sourced from the places that make sense. Eggshell membrane from USDA certified hatcheries. Grass-fed beef from South American cattle. MSC certified wild-caught fish (pollock) from the US. And chicken bone broth from US chickens.
- Clean, minimal ingredients. Check our label. You’ll only find 4 total ingredients, all from real food sources raised without antibiotics or hormones. Everything is non-GMO. Our supply chain is clean from start to finish.
- Study-supported benefits. We don’t make claims that our product will fix all of your problems. But we stand by the benefits you’ll find called out on our bottle for your skin, gut and joint support.† Since collagen is the most abundant protein in your body and naturally diminishes with age, we believe adding it back in makes a big difference.
- Hydrolyzed collagen. What does hydrolyzed mean? Basically, it means that protein chains are broken down into single amino acids so they can typically be better digested and absorbed by your body.
- Try it risk free. Buy with confidence when purchasing exclusively from Ancient Nutrition. If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will happily refund your order within 60 days of purchase. It's that simple!
Why do 5 types of collagen matter?
Generally speaking, different types of collagen support different functions and body parts. Here’s what each one you’ll find in Multi Collagen Protein can do for you.
Hydrolyzed Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides
The hydrolyzed bovine hide collagen peptides in Multi Collagen Protein are grass fed, cruelty free, hormone free and allergy free (gluten, dairy, tree nuts, egg, soy, peanuts, crustaceans, etc.)
- Support healthy skin elasticity†
- Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)†
- Support healthy skin†
- Support a healthy gut†
- Support healthy joint function†
Chicken Collagen Type II from chicken bone broth collagen concentrate can:
- Support joint-health with benefits reported as early as 3 weeks†
- Support key areas of joint health, including joint comfort, flexibility and physical function†
- Support healthy joint function†
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides from wild pollock can:
- Support healthy skin elasticity†
- Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)†
Eggshell Membrane Collagen can:
- Support knee comfort and flexibility†
- Support joint comfort, both rapidly and continuously†
- Support healthy joint flexibility†
- Support comfortable range of motion†
- Support healthy joint recovery after exercise as well as healthy flexibility†
- Support comfort immediately following exercise†
You get the picture. Your body has more potential to benefit when consuming these many types of collagen, as opposed to consuming just one type or two types.
Want to start enjoying the benefits of Multi Collagen Protein?
Here are a few ways to use it:
- Include one serving in your morning smoothie.
- Add to baking dishes, muffins, bars or pancakes to increase protein intake.
- Replace other supplements, like whey protein powder, with this.
- Create a chia coconut collagen pudding.
- Take one serving of collagen pre- or post-workout.
Want to Do Your Gut and Body a HUGE Favor?
Fact: Most Americans don’t consume enough probiotics in their diet due to modern processed foods, soil depletion and more.
Why the Need for Probiotics?
I believe most people are in need of probiotic support.
Here’s why: Thanks to prescription antibiotics, high carbohydrate diets, fluoridated tap water, and high levels of stress, the good bacteria in our guts are being killed off, and our bodies can't replace them at the rate required for optimal health.†
In fact, I believe we need to avoid and reduce our consumption of these top 7 probiotic killers:
Top 7 Probiotics Killers
- Prescription antibiotics
- Excessive sugar intake
- Drinking tap water (chlorine and fluoride)
- GMO foods
- Eating too many whole grains (plus gluten)
- Emotional stress
- Exposure to toxins and pesticides
Meanwhile, “bad” bacteria can flourish while the “good” bacteria is killed off, leaving your system out of balance.
I believe the best way to approach this is to:
Eliminate foods and toxins that feed bad bacteria.
Start consuming probiotic-rich foods and supplements.†
Probiotics: Why They Are ImportantProbiotics are “good” bacteria that:
- Support healthy gut function and digestive health†
- Support healthy immune system function and a healthy GI tract†
- Support normal microflora in the gut and normal digestion†
Which Probiotic Supplement is Right for You?
While many companies sell probiotics, my belief is that the majority of products don’t live up to their marketing hype.
That’s because most probiotic supplements can be destroyed by stomach acid before they even get to the digestive tract.
We can’t be misled by products that claim to have billions upon billions of active cells per dose, when the reality is they deliver far fewer.
How to Pick a Probiotic Supplement
It’s important to note that there are different types of strains of probiotics. The health effects experienced by one probiotic may be completely different from the health benefits seen from another probiotic.
Certain strains of probiotics support a healthy immune system.† Others are great for digestion.†
That’s why it’s important to pick the right probiotic for your needs. It’s also wise to consume a wide range of probiotics in your food or supplements so that you’re covered. The more, the merrier.
I believe there are five specific things you want to consider when choosing a probiotic supplement in capsule form:
- Soil-Based Organisms and Shelf-Stable: Make sure your probiotic supplement has soil-based probiotics and is shelf-stable, meaning it doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
- High CFU Count: Choose a probiotic brand that has a higher number of probiotics, from at least 25 billion to 50 billion per serving.
- Strain Diversity: Select a probiotic supplement that has five or more probiotic strains.
- Survivability: Look for strains of Bacillus coagulans, Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus subtilis, and other cultures or formulas that have hardy probiotics that can make it to the gut and are able to colonize.
- Prebiotics: To support the growth of probiotics once they get into your system, it is essential that prebiotics are also included in the formula.
You’ll be thrilled to know that my SBO Probiotic meets the aforementioned criteria.
SBO Probiotic contains:
- 50 billion CFU* per serving
- Fermented Botanical Blend
- Bacillus subtilis:
- Supports healthy gut microflora†
- Supports healthy gut function†
- Promotes digestive health†
- Supports normal digestion†
- Supports a healthy immune system†
- Promotes a healthy GI tract†
- Bacillus clausii:
- Supports gastrointestinal (GI) health†
- Saccharomyces boulardii
- Supports healthy gut transit time†
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Supports healthy intestinal immunity†
- Bacillus coagulans
- Supports healthy gut transit time†
- Supports digestive comfort†
- Supports healthy elimination†
- Promotes healthy digestive function†
- Ginger (root)
- Turmeric (root)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper Fruit
- Turmeric Root CO2 Extract
- Black Pepper Fruit Oil
Are you ready to support your gut and immune system† from the inside out?
If so, I encourage you to give my SBO Probiotic a try!
I strongly believe that SBO Probiotic is one of the best probiotic supplements on the market.
*At time of manufacture
The grab and go superfood bar
These are the first protein bars powered by superfood Bone Broth Protein on the market — and are dairy-free. But taste isn’t sacrificed for the quality of the nutrition you are getting. These superfood bars pack Bone Broth Protein into every bite while maintaining a decadent, naturally-sweet taste and slightly chewy texture. With their balanced macronutrients, each bar is designed to keep you satisfied between meals.
Bone Broth Protein Concentrate
Bone broth protein not only provides connective tissue-supporting protein, but also inherently features collagen Type II and chondroitin sulfate to help support healthy skin and healthy joints.
Additionally, bone broth protein typically features certain electrolyte minerals and beneficial amino acids, including proline, glycine, and hydroxyproline (an amino acid comprised of proline and lysine).
Organic Nut Butter
Nut butters serve as great sources of quality fats and protein to help fill you up and keep you satisfied.
Chicory Root Fiber
Inulin is the fiber from chicory root, and is soluble fiber, meaning it passes through the body undigested. Inulin is also considered a “prebiotic.”
Powered with Bone Broth Protein, not whey, these reformulated bars are dairy free! Why did we choose bone broth as the protein fuel in these bars? Because it’s an ancient food source converted naturally for modern-day use without the food sensitivities commonly associated with eating dairy.
Our balanced bars contain a mix of prebiotics, fiber, healthy fat and moderate protein levels without sacrificing taste…or gluten-free status.
Enjoy the mouth-watering flavor knowing all ingredients meet our gluten-free promise.
You won’t find sky-high sugar counts or artificial sweeteners in these bars. We worked tirelessly to create a decadent flavor without sending your body into sugar shock. Instead, we relied on small amounts of nature’s best sweeteners: stevia, organic honey, organic coconut nectar and organic dates.
Select organic ingredients
Did you know conventionally grown cocoa beans are among the most pesticide-laden crops? In fact, farmers in other countries sometimes turn to chemicals banned for use in the U.S. That’s precisely why we source organic cacao chocolate chips, along with organic dates, coconut nectar, honey and coconut oil. Even our nut butters are organic — because prohibited pesticides have no place in your clean-eating plan.
Grab a bar when you want a quick and nourishing snack. They're especially great for on the go.
Make the most of your healthy lifestyle by making other nutrient-dense foods the staple of your diet. Go for quality performance fats and lean proteins!
Pairs Well With
Want to keep your energy going all day long? Keto COCOA energy elixir is the perfect way to get a boost of energy without a crash.
You may have noticed bars on the market that contain high carbs, low protein and low fat. This is a recipe for disaster in the form of sugar overload, and is often not much better than eating a donut.
Bone Broth Protein Bars feature higher calories from performance fat, moderate calories from protein and real food carbohydrates, including fiber-rich ingredients like organic chicory and cassava flour. It’s not a candy bar masquerading as a health food bar, although the excellent flavor profile may fool your taste buds.
We use chicken and beef bone broth protein concentrates instead of protein isolates. Here’s why: processing.
Simply put, protein isolates undergo more processing (denaturing them) and can degrade the biological activity of certain protein peptides or even lessen the health benefits of the protein. It is believed that protein is most efficient in its undenatured “native” form. That’s why we have protein concentrate and not protein isolate in Bone Broth Protein Bars.
Bone Broth Protein Bars originally contained grass-fed whey protein in addition to bone broth concentrate, but customers voiced a desire for a completely dairy-free bar — and we listened. Our reformulated version is both dairy-free and gluten-free.
Sugar alcohols are a form of carbohydrate, and in an attempt to keep calories and carbohydrate content relatively low, many protein bars on the market use large amounts of sugar alcohol as sweeteners.
Some of those include erythritol, glycerol, isomalt, lactitol, maltitol, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, and hydrogenated starch hydrolysates (HSH). The difficulty is that, when used in larger quantities, sugar alcohols can lead to digestive challenges.
That’s why it was important for us to create a bar with minimal sugar alcohols. Bone Broth Protein Bars feature 1g of sugar alcohols. We also avoid all artificial sweeteners.
While net carbohydrates is not an official nutrition term, some use the term “net carbs” to refer to the total amount of carbohydrates minus the grams of fiber — and sometimes minus the sugar alcohols. The “net carb count” for a Bone Broth Protein bar is 10 grams.
Many customers tell us these are the most delicious protein bars they’ve ever tried. So how did we manage to create such a rich, decadent flavor with 7 grams of sugar? We tapped into nature’s best sweeteners to get the best flavor profile without sending you into sugar shock. These include organic honey, dates, coconut nectar and stevia.