The plants from which geranium rose essential oil (Pelargonium graveolens) has its origins in South Africa, Madagascar, Egypt, Morocco and Réunion, but became known to European countries such as Spain, France and Italy during the 17th century.
It is a perennial shrub commonly used in hedgerows that has a hairy-like appearance, and stands approximately three feet high and has pointed leaves with serrated edges—and bearing pinkish-white flowers.
There are approximately 700 different varieties of this plant, but only 10 are capable of supplying geranium rose essential oil in adequate quantities, due to the typical garden geranium variety producing far too little oil for successful extraction.
The leaves and stalks of the plant, which bears the scientific name Pelargonium odorantissimum, are what are used for extraction, and the oil is procured via steam distillation.
Pelargonium graveolens, however, is an uncommon Pelargonium species which is native to the Cape Provinces and the Northern Provinces of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique—and is the form of geranium essential oil you’ll find in NUMA Essentials Geranium Rose Essential Oil.
With a sweet and rosy smell plus a hint of mint, it is mostly colorless, although it can sometimes have a light green hue to it. It’s a crisp, fresh-smelling essential oil which can support adrenal health and a healthy response to stress, nervous system health, mental health, lymphatic system health, healthy detoxification, healthy water balance in the body, circulatory health, blood pressure balance and hormonal balance as well as supporting skin health.†
Geranium rose essential oil is comprised of many powerful components, including a-pinene, myrcene, limonene, menthone, linalool, geranyl acetate, citronellal, geraniol and geranyl butyrate.
While those are scientific names, they translate into geranium rose oil, due to its properties, providing a holistic, powerful support for health.†
For example, the pinene content found in geranium rose oil has been noted for supporting respiratory health, supporting a healthy short-term memory function, while also promoting alertness.†
Additionally, limonene shows promise of supporting healthy cells and healthy liver function†—among other benefits. In fact, limonene and its related product known as perillic acid, are known to be huge supporters of maintaining healthy cells and a healthy liver.†
Likewise, linalool is a common element of many essential oils, including geranium rose oil, and has been found to be a potent supporter of healthy cells†—and when your cells are healthy, then you can be, too, since your cells are foundational to your total makeup.†
Geranium rose essential oil can be used in many ways and offers several benefits, such as:
- Apply directly to skin or enjoy an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Combine with a carrier oil for an amazing massage.
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections†
- Combines well with other moisturizers to help balance moisture levels in the skin.
- Add a few drops to shampoo or conditioner for a healthy, vibrant glow.
- Apply to skin after showering for a smoothing effect.
- Apply to underarms following an intense workout or day out in the sun.
- Natural insect repellent
- Promotes feelings of relaxation†
- Promotes even skin tone and healthy complexion†
- Add to your next do-it-yourself potpourri.
- Place one drop in the palm of your hands, rub hands together, cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe slowly for a calming, grounding effect.†
Geranium rose oil blends aromatically with lavender, lemon, orange, basil, angelica, bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, lime, clary sage, jasmine, rosemary, neroli and grapefruit essential oils.
Top 4 Uses for Geranium Oil
Support for Healthy Skin†
To support healthy, vibrant skin, try adding two drops of geranium oil to your face lotion and apply it twice daily. After a week or two, many report seeing revitalized skin health.†
Support for Immune System Health†
To support a healthy immune system and healthy microbial balance†, just rub two drops of geranium oil onto the affected area and cover it with gauze; repeat this remedy twice a day until desired results are attained.†
Support For Healthy Detoxification†
Geranium oil promotes healthy detoxification in a variety of ways.† Try diffusing it through a diffuser or vaporizer.
To use geranium oil as a natural deodorant, add five drops of geranium oil to a spray bottle, and then mix it with five tablespoons of water. This is a natural and beneficial deodorant or perfume that you can use every day.†
My favorite DIY Recipes for Geranium Oil
This homemade conditioner recipe is awesome. It's great for cleansing your head and supporting healthy, luscious hair.† Add 10 drops of geranium oil and see how it helps to condition your dry hair.
Total Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10 drops of essential oils
- BPA-free plastic bottles or glass bottle with dispenser
- Mix ingredients together in eight-ounce spray bottle.
- Shake bottle before using and then spray hair.
- Leave in hair for five minutes, then rinse.
Customize Your Conditioner:
- Rosemary or sage essential oils for all types of hair
- Lemon, bergamot or tea tree essential oils for oily hair
- Lavender, sandalwood or geranium essential oils for dry hair or dandruff
A calming bath: Add to a 2-ounce squeeze bottle: 7 drops of rose geranium oil, 10 drops of lavender oil and 3 drops of ylang ylang oil, then fill with jojoba oil. Shake well to blend and add 1-2 teaspoons to a full tub. Relax and enjoy.
All-natural body lotion: Add to a 4-ounce bottle with lotion pump: 15 drops of rose geranium oil, 10 drops of rose oil, 10 drops of lavender oil and 5 drops of patchouli oil; fill with unscented body lotion. Shake to mix well. Use as desired, after bath or shower.
And those are just a few of the dozens of applications for this powerful essential oil.
Are you ready to start enjoying geranium oil? Then try NUMA Essentials geranium oil today.
About NUMA Essentials Organic Essential Oils
I co-founded NUMA with Jordan Rubin, the New York Times best-selling author of The Maker’s Diet, founder of Garden of Life and Beyond Organic.
Together, we traveled the world looking for purest and highest-quality essential oils available. In all, we tested more than 300 different varieties. From that testing, we hand-selected just 12 oils that made the cut.
Those 12 hand-selected oils became the foundation of our line of NUMA Essentials essential oils.
NUMA comes from the ancient Greek word pneuma, meaning “breath of life.”
Both Jordan and I firmly believe that essential oils are a vital component of any health regimen and healthy lifestyle.
We’ve both rigorously tested each NUMA Essentials essential oil in order to bring you nothing but the purest, therapeutic-grade, farm-to-your-front-door oils around.
In fact, every NUMA essential oil has four core values that we will not compromise on. Those values drive everything we do with our NUMA Organic Essential Oils.
4 Core Values of NUMA Essentials Organic Essential Oils
- NUMA essential oils are Certified USDA Organic.
- NUMA essential oils are 100% Therapeutic Grade.
- NUMA essential oils are sourced indigenously as well as harvested from some of the top plant farms in Missouri, Europe, India, and the Middle East. Our oils come from 10,000 acres of certified organic land.
- NUMA essential oils are 100% pure. I do not add bases, fillers, or any additives to any of my oils!
100% Risk Free Money Back Guarantee
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
100% Risk Free
Go ahead, give Geranium Rose Essential Oil a try today. If you don't love it, simply contact my team at draxe.com/support and we'll happily refund you.
It's my way of making sure you and your family are 100% happy with your purchase.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Results May Vary**