Ginger Essential Oil
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Certified USDA Organic and Non GMO
- 15mL / .5 ounce
- Warming, Spicy, Woody
Ancient Apothecary Ginger Essential Oil
For topical, aromatherapy or dietary purposes.
Ginger is a flowering plant in the family Zingiberaceae; its root is widely used as a spice, and it has been used traditionally for thousands of years. Ginger is part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom, and all are regarded for their health and wellness benefits. Ginger has a sweet, spicy, woody and warm scent, and ginger essential oil is a warming essential oil
Due to its reported digestive health† properties, ginger is often an integral part of Asian cuisines.
Ginger essential oil is believed to be the most potent form of ginger because it has the highest levels of gingerol. In fact, of the 115 different chemical components found in ginger root, the health benefits are believed to come from gingerols, the oily resin from the root that has antioxidant properties and helps support a healthy response to inflammation.†
Ginger essential oil is also made up of approximately 90 percent sesquiterpenes, which help to support microbial balance as well as a healthy response to inflammation.† Plus, it can offer notable benefits, including easing indigestion and nausea, supporting healthy digestion and providing warmth to the body.†
Ginger oil blends well with an array of spice and citrus oils, as well as eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium and rosemary oils.
Ginger Oil uses:
- Use ginger oil in your favorite sweet and spicy recipes, including a stellar ginger tea.
- Rub one drop of ginger essential oil on the stomach or bottoms of the feet.
- For soothing relief, put a drop of ginger oil in the palm of the hands, rub together, place over nose and mouth and inhale.
- To use as a supplement, dilute one drop of ginger essential oil in four ounces of water or in an empty supplement capsule and consume.†
- Diffuse or use topically over the upper abdomen for a warming, fortifying experience.
- For relief of occasional joint or muscle discomfort, rub a drop or two directly on desired areas.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Consult your physician before use, especially if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Results May Vary**