Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Certified USDA Organic and Non GMO
- 15mL / .5 ounce
- Cleansing, Purifying, Invigorating
Ancient Apothecary Lemon Essential Oil
For topical, aromatherapy or dietary purposes.
Versatility of uses with cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties—that’s what makes lemon oil a favorite!
Lemon, scientifically called Citrus limon, is a flowering plant that belongs to the Rutaceae family. Lemon plants are grown in many countries all over the world, although they are native to Asia and are believed to have been brought to Europe around 200 A.D.
Lemon essential oil comes from cold-pressing the lemon peel and not the inner fruit. The peel is actually the most nutrient-dense portion of the lemon because of its fat-soluble phytonutrients. Lemon essential oil is composed of many natural compounds, including terpenes, sesquiterpenes, aldehydes, alcohols, esters and sterols.
Lemons and lemon oil are popular because of their refreshing scent and invigorating, purifying and cleansing properties.† Research shows that lemon oil has powerful antioxidants and helps to support a healthy response to inflammation, to support healthy microbial balance, to support healthy energy levels and to support healthy digestion and healthy normal detoxification.†
Lemon oil blends well with many other essential oils, including lavender oil, rose oil, peppermint oil, sandalwood oil, tea tree oil and geranium oil
Lemon oil uses:
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
- Use as a cleaner to clean and purify the air and surfaces
- Take internally as a supplement (place one drop in an empty supplement capsule OR dilute a drop in 4 ounces of water).†
- Use as a furniture polish—just add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect and shine wood finishes.
- To preserve and protect leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments, use a cloth soaked in lemon oil to rub them down.
- Add lemon oil to spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops and other surfaces.
- Use lemon oil for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- To remove stubborn sticky residue on surfaces, put lemon oil on a rag and wipe surfaces.
- To remove grease after changing the oil in an automobile, wash hands with lemon oil.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Consult your physician before use, especially if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Results May Vary**